Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Mini-Farming, Chapter 1 Notes



I have started annotating Mini-Farming, by Brett L.Markham, as I read it.  If you would like to read my notes, here is Chapter 1.  I will post again when I have more to add.


Chapter 1
p.8  - A 3,500 square foot intensive garden will produce the same yield as an acre farmed intensively.

Trellises should be constructed on the north side of raised beds in order not to shade out other crops.

p. 10 - A starting value for two-dimensional plant spacing is the within row thinning distance specific on the seed package for optimal yields also in a raised-bed intensive system.  

p. 11 - Fine tune according to soil and climate.

Do not grow carrots in anything close to fresh manure!


Calendar-Planner

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment