Saturday, July 28, 2018

TTS Notebook #7 More Canning

The first canning of the season was blueberries, followed by blackberries.

Next was peaches.



Today, we picked up strawberries, more blueberries, mangoes and assorted fruits and vegetables.

The mangoes need to ripen.

The additional blueberries are cooking with honey and cinnamon.



Mostly, I don’t add sweeteners, because once you give up sugar, you can taste the flavors of each food more distinctly.

A composite fruit mixture consisting of pineapple, papaya, kiwi, and plum will be canned when there is room on the stove.


The vegetables will be combined into a chicken soup.  

They include carrots, celery, and yellow squash.

There were no onions in this collection, so I will get some for the soup.

I am thawing chicken broth while I wait for more room on the stove.

Potatoes are baking.  Some will go in the soup along with a jalapeƱo pepper.

One adds just the right amount of heat.

I love the feeling of abundance and its accompanying freedom.

Yes, I know, it is possible to buy one meal at a time or a week’s worth of groceries to cook.

I prefer the feeling of overflowing goodness and its accompanying happiness.



© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment